OCPA's New Webite at:
Starting in 1994 in an effort to raise the communities awareness of photography as an art form, OCPA conducted the semiannual "Show & Sale" at Pony Village Mall, in North Bend, Oregon.
close browser window to return
These shows, usually held in March and October of each year, also introduced OCPA as an integral part of the art, civic and social community. Members' images, exhibited for public view, continue to heighten public appreciation of the abilities, creativity and dedication OCPA members.
The main purpose for the exhibits is to show the photographic artistry of the camera club members. Between 20 and 30 members exhibit a total of approximately 200 images during the 4-day shows. Members of all skill levels are encouraged to share their works. Any sales that are made are a bonus.
March 21-24, 2003: "FLOWER
October 2003: "WESTERN SKIES"
Reviews and general images
October 17-20, 2002: "SOUTH
March 21-24, 2002: "SEE THE LIGHT!"
October 11-14, 2001: "BOATS, FLOATS AND ROPES"
March 22-25, 2001: "WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE"
GUIDELINES FOR EXHIBITING
- Hang your photographs throughout the space allotted.
- Put some of your photographs on the top and some on the bottom of the standard.
- Be sure your photograph looks good next to its ‘neighbor’ (alternate large and small photographs so it will be balanced; be sure colors go together).
- Put the label below your photograph flush with the right of the frame.
- Adhere to the standard with blue masking tape (no sticky gum or tape that will remove paint from the standard). NO TAPE ON THE FRONT OF THE LABEL.
- The show monitor may rearrange photos the next morning to follow the guidelines.